Saturday, January 10, 2015

SOUS Die Cut Challenge - Snow



Hi everyone and welcome to Stuck On U Sketches! I am Julie from Cards By Cricut here with today's Die Cut Challenge - Snow. We finally had our first snow of the season. We only got about 4 inches but it was enough to slow things down around here. It also happened on the 1st of January. That is right, New Year's Day of all times. It was such a blast too. The only real problem is that when it snows it gets awfully cold too. We were down in the teens and I always feel sorry for the animals outside. So that is what my card is about, called First Snow. I have a beautiful pair of robins searching for food right after it has snowed. There are even snowflake still coming down. I had a lot of fun creating this card. I started with a base of brown cardstock measured at 8-1/2 x 5-1/2. I folded this in half. My first layer is a light blue measuring 4 x 5-1/4. I then embossed my next layer measuring 3-3/4 x 5. I placed 4 metal dots with my I-Rock tool in each
 corner. I cut the image with my Cricut Explore and inked around the edges of the snow and placed on. The 2 robins are a different cut and I placed them on with foam tape so they will stick up some. I put stickles on the edge of the snow and also on the snowflakes. All the extra details are on my blog, Cards By Cricut. So be sure to check it out.
     Thanks so much for coming to our blog and be sure to join our Die Cut Challenge - Snow for your chance to make our Top 3. Just use the link below. Have a great weekend! :)

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..