Friday, June 18, 2010

Please Welcome Barb!

This week we are so pleased and honored to have Barb Craft as our featured guest designer. Barb is a wonderfully talented paper artist and is an active part of many inspirational sites as a design team member and also co leader.
In her own words.....
"I have been doing some kind of craft my entire life. I have a mother who was always trying new things from knitting, to needlepoint to pottery...all of which I did right along with her! I am so glad she exposed me to all of the different ways I could be creative and express myself! My mother was also the one who took me to my first scrapbooking party (I believe it was a Creative Memories one) right after my first daughter was born...she is not 20!! My first scrapbooking pages had a white background with lots of cutie stickers to go with whatever theme I was doing at the time. And then I started to get creative and started making fun titles out of various markers!! Boy has my style changed since then!! Now I love to try new things. If there is a new product or technique, I have to give it a try!!! Because I am always trying new things, my scrapbook pages are always changing!! I like that I can make a cutesy baby page and then turn around a make a grungy teenage page...I think it is important that my pages reflect the people in the photos...not just me!!"
Barbs submission for this weeks sketch challenge is no exception to her awesome talent and creative techniques....here is her stunning layout, Explore.





Please pay Barb a visit at her blog, Crafty Girl, and see all of her wonderfully inspirational work!!
Thanx for joining us this week Barb!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Crafty Girl! Your page is beautiful and your work is amazing. You are VERY talented and I am so happy to see you here as a GD. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS BARB, on making the team!! I can't wait to see what inspiring pages you come up with...

    Amanda:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Barb, I love your page you do such amazing work. So thrilling to be a guest designer! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..